- You will visit Tanzania
- This tour starts and ends in Arusha or Moshi (Tanzania)
- You will visit Mount Kilimanjaro
- Activities: Trekking
- Trekking Route: Marangu Route
- Tour type: Private or Group trek
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day trekking Itinerary
Day 1: Marangu Gate (1980m) – Mandara hut (2700m)
After breakfast, transfer to Marangu gate and start the climb through fascinating rain forests till you reach the first hut Mandara. Meals and overnight at the hut. (9,000ft).
Day 2: Mandara hut (2700m) – Horombo hut (3720m)
After breakfast, follow the ascending path through the alpine – meadow. The altitude begins to change and slowdown your pace while enjoying the flora and the view of Mawenzi and Kibo peaks. Arrive at the Horombo Hut 12km from Mandara. Meals and overnight at the hut. (12,520ft).
Day 3: Horombo hut (3720m) – Kibo hut (4700m)
After breakfast, resume the climb, the landscape becomes rugged and rocky. Lobelias begin to appear. Climb to Kibo Hut. Meals and overnight at the hut. (15,520ft)
Day 4: SUMMIT ATTEMPT!! Kibo hut (4700m) – Uhuru Peak (5895m) – Horombo hut (3720m)
The beginning of the last ascent is made in the wee hrs of the morning while the scree is still frozen. Climb the very steep part of the route to GILMANS POINT (most difficult and tiring part). UHURU PEAK is reached within an hour’s walk along the crater rim. (19,344ft). Start the walk along the craters rim. (19,344ft). Start the descent to Horombo hut for overnight
Day 5: Horombo hut (3720m) – Marangu Gate (1980m)
Return to a hotel in Moshi/Arusha. After lunch, have a good rest, meals and overnight at your hotel.
Day 6: Departure
After breakfast, depart for your next destination, which is option of safari, airport or shuttle to Nairobi.
- pick up at Kilimanjaro Airport and transfer to your hotel in Arusha/Moshi
- a night’s accommodation both before and after your climb
- all climb costs, salaries, food, fees, etc (excluding tips)
- all transfers to the mountain and back to your Arusha/Moshi hotel again
- transfers back to Kilimanjaro Airport for your return flights
- Tips for porters, guide, cooker and assistants guide :-
- Tip Guide between 20$ per Day, Assistant Guide $15 per Day, porters 6$ per porter per day Cook $8 per day.
- Visa and Flights
- Personal Items of nature
End of Itinerary
You can customize your own packages by dropping us an email at [email protected] or fill the contact form below